ALTO LAKES W & SD
APPROVED RECYCLABLE MATERIALS for disposal in blue or green
recycling containers within ALTO LAKES W & SD includes:
- Flattened, clean, empty corrugated cardboard boxes. No wrapping or
Styrofoam inside. GREEN COMPACTOR
- Flattened, clean paperboard such as cereal boxes,
soda and beer boxes, tissue boxes, laundry soap boxes, dry goods
boxes. No plastic or waxed paper liners inside. SMALL GREEN ROLL OFF/W COVER
- Clean, empty plastic containers - grades 1- 2 (look on
the bottom) such as soda bottles, milk bottles, water
bottles, coffee grounds containers, laundry and personal
hygiene containers. Any plastic container with a ‘neck’. If
necessary, lightly rinse the container to clean it. SMALL
GREEN ROLL OFF/W COVER.
- Bundled newspaper (bag or tie with cord or string)
- Bundled Office and computer paper (bag or tie with cord or string)
- Clean, empty brown paper bags
- Bundled magazines and catalogs, slick newspaper inserts (bag or tie with cord or string
- Phone books (bag or tie with cord or string if more than one)
- Clean, empty steel or tin cans from canned fruits and
vegetables. Rinse and bag. BLUE DUMPSTER MARKED TIN CANS
- Empty aluminum cans, clean aluminum foil and pie tins
placed in bags BLUE DUMPSTER MARKED ALUMINUM CANS
OTHER RECYCLING OPPORTUNTIES:
- Carpet padding – take ONLY to GSWA yard Ruidoso Downs for
free drop off.
- Engine Oil – take ONLY to the GSWA yard Ruidoso Downs.
- Paint – Still usable paint can be taken ONLY to the GSWA yard
Ruidoso Downs for free drop-off.
- Florescent Bulbs- GSWA Yard Ruidoso Downs ONLY
- Scrap Metal of all kinds and White goods, can be taken to
the GSWA yard
Ruidoso Downs or dropped off at the Alto Collection Center
If you have a question, contact the Authority office at 378-4697 or
Thank you for your cooperation!
Call us about our current drop-off rate as well as our current Yard Waste,
and Roll Offs specials and 575-378-4697