The following materials are NOT recyclable and should not be placed
in the blue dumpsters or large green drop off containers throughout
- Broken Plastic Furniture or discard
wood/cloth covered furniture**
- Clothing. (take to Thrift Stores)
- Food items of any kind. Fast food containers
with food residue.
- Grocery or discount store plastic sacks
- Hard plastic (except for clean 5 gallon buckets), garden hoses
- Metal coat hangers, fencing material, or barbed wire
- Lumber and other construction waste**
- Plastic wrapping or bubble wrap
- Plastic containers with oil, grease, butter, yogurt or
- Sacked pine needles or other yard waste (call your municipal office or the
Authority office for proper disposal)
- Small consumer appliances **
- Styrofoam of any kind or shape
- Tires, rubber swimming pools and other rubber items
- Wine or cooking oil boxes with plastic liners.
- Empty steel or tin cans from canned fruits and
**may be discarded or recycled at the Solid Waste Authority
yard, 26590 Hwy 70, in Ruidoso Downs.
If you have a question, contact the Authority office at
378-4697 or 1-877-548-8772.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Call us about our current drop-off rate as well as our current Roll-Off specials 575-378-4697