Our Services

The following items can be recycled in Ruidoso and Lincoln County:
Batteries of all types*
Computer Equipment*
Large Household Appliances*
Newspapers and Newsprint
Plastic Containers Plastic Bottles
Old Paint
Used Oil*
Scrap Metal
Old Water Heaters*
Small fees are charged for most items marked with *.
The Authority will also exchange still usable paint when needed by others. Recycling will keep waste disposal fees for Lincoln County residents to a minimum and continue to reduce the need for additional tax support.
Computer equipment may now be brought to the GSWA yard for proper disposal. This new service costs $10 per computer to cover the cost in transporting discarded computers to Albuquerque. Proper disposal will remove 8 pounds of hazardous material per computer from the regional landfill.

Do not place construction material in dumpsters or trash compactors. Construction materials in these containers can cause equipment breakdowns. Small construction waste loads may be delivered directly to the GSWA Yard located at 26590 US Hwy 70, Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico. A drop-off fee schedule for some items is available by calling (575) 378-4697.
Greentree Solid Waste Authority is committed to giving residents the best trash collection service possible for among the lowest fees in the region. We offer our customers several efficient, safe and environmentally responsible options for weekly residential trash and garbage disposal.

The three options available to Lincoln County residents, depending on their local community’s collection system, include: collection carts, large volume closed dumpsters, and automated trash compactors.
Certain types of chemically-based household and construction waste such as asbestos, paints, paint thinner, household cleaning products, oils, gasoline, anti-freeze, fluorescent light bulbs, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides are considered potentially dangerous and should not be placed in the trash collection containers. Call the GSWA office at (575) 378-4697 or email us at gswa@greentreeswa.org for advice on proper disposal.
Illegal dumping may contaminate air and water supplies and erode the beauty and wonderful quality of life in Lincoln County.
Don't tolerate illegal dumping! Call the Illegal Dumping Hotline at 1-800-867-7666.

  • GSWA accepts cash, checks, and purchase orders only; no credit cards.
  • Commercial businesses needing this or any trash disposal or recycling service,
    please call (575) 378-4697.
  • Construction & Contractors needing 30 yard roll off containers, please email gswa@greentreeswa.org or call (575) 378-4697 for rates.
<February 2024>
Call us about our current drop-off rate as well as our current Roll-Off specials 575-378-4697
Send comments or problems about this website to website help. For all other comments or concerns please click here.